My initial model which I scanned seemed to have proportions which were too extreme to use with the Mixamo auto-rigger. To work around this, I took a Fusion character and constructed a new character based on a more standard skeleton type used for animations.
Initially when uploaded, Mixamo didn’t like the new model. So I went back into Maya where I had constructed my model and re-attached the old skeleton to the new model. A few minor adjustments to the skeleton where made. I wonder if I could readjust the proportions of the model’s skeleton’s hips, because when I brought her into Mixamo, her mesh did not perform as anticipated. I texture mapped the ‘google search bar’ across her chest. You know, for color and all.
I animated the characters in unreal using the camera sequencer. I had a difficult time rendering my video. My computer would process for hours and then quit on me. Probably because of the lighting. Instead, I ran the sequence and did a screen recording.Read More